7 Main Chakras
THIRD | SOLAR PLEXUS | MANIPURA CHAKRA
Personal Power, Self-Esteem, Self-Discipline, Warmth, Digestion
Your third (manipura) chakra is located at the navel center and is associated with mostly with your sense of power and self-esteem. Its associated color is yellow and its element is fire (just like the sun). It is also associated with will power, metabolism, your sense of motivation and ability to focus.
A balanced third chakra:
- clear goals
- focused desires
- set intentions
- sense of confidence
- Strong digestion and metabolism (for emotions, decisions, actions, food)
An imbalanced over-active third chakra:
- Low self-esteem
- Anger issues
- Sharp, competitive, jealousy
3 simple ways to start balancing your Sacral Chakra:
Meditation can be very effective for calming the mind and gathering the reigns on your inner fire. Sitting upright, close the eyes and draw the awareness to the core center while keeping the gaze at the sun growing in the place of your third eye between your two eyes towards forehead). Placing your right palm on your belly and your left palm on your forehead breathe into the infinite emptiness and observe as feelings, thoughts and urges pass by. Set a timer for 15-20 minutes. And use this time to repeat the sound "RAM" inside your head. Sing sweetly as if no one is listening (really, no one can hear you).
Bhastrika, or bellows breath, is a vigorous and vitalizing breathing technique that clears obstructions in the respiratory system, strengthens the nervous system and lungs, increases physical vitality and enhances clarity of mind.
- Sit comfortably upright as if you are about to go into meditation with your eyes closed.
- Take a deep breath in (inhale), filling the lungs with air.
- Gently breathe out. Let this breath be long and smooth like silk.
- In this inhaling and exhaling should take the same length of time-3 seconds to breathe in and 3 seconds to breathe out.
- While you breathe in (inhale) assume that you are taking in positive energy and vibrations, let them energize you.
- During breathe out (exhale), imagine that you are taking out all the toxins from our body and find. Completely release
- Next, begin to forcefully inhale through the nose while inflating the lower abdomen and forcefully exhale through the nose while pressing the lower abdomen toward the spine.
- Use one-half count on the inhalation and one-half count on the exhalation at a rapid pace. You will feel like you’re getting an abdominal workout.
- Try for 10 repetitions and then work it up to 15 or 20. After you’re finished, you will feel a tingling or glowing feeling around the navel.
Focus on your core!
Twist is out!
Empty completely out on your exhales to draw in a fresh gulp of positivity and love
- After settling in with some strong kapalabhati or bhastrika pranayama work your way into some core twisting exercises. Hold plank and focus on engaging your abdomen towards your back body.
- Add in some rounds of down dog knee to nose and really lift your core.
- Paripurna navasana (boat pose)
- Lunging twists
- Parvritta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle)
- Warrior 3 - you know that core has to be engaged.
- Arm balances will challenge your perspective and self-esteem as you are attempting something new and difficult that will give you a boost of confidence. Try balasana (crow pose) or go wild and shoot for Tittibhasana (Firefly pose)
- Dhanurasana (bow pose) after releasing the anger you store in your quads from a nice quad opener move your way towards bow pose and give your liver a good stretch. Your liver is also known to store worry and anger.
- Twist again! Release your low back with a few supine supta twists (cross your legs over your body and keep your shoulders connected to the earth
- Savasana - let the warmth and light glow into your entire being as your float in space, held by the earth below. savor the sweetness, breathe kindly and just be you, whatever you are feeling that day is completely ok.
2. HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS
Green Papaya is full of natural occurring enzymes that break down protein and help aid digestion.
Milk Thistle is a restorative, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties commonly used to detoxify the body, particularly the liver.
Sour Sop leaf is commonly used to relieve stomach aches, fever, pain and respiratory problems such as cough and asthma.
3.EAT, THINK, WEAR, LOOK AT Yellow (be the sun)
Boost that body and mind of yours with some sunshine! The sun is an infinite source of love and light and so are you. Remember that good posture leads to good thoughts, poor posture leads to poor thoughts.
NONI Pineapple Ginger Coconut Delight Smoothie Bowl
- 6-10 pieces diced Pineapple
- chunk of Ginger
- ½ small lemon squeezed
- 2 Small frozen apple bananas
- ¼ cup Coconut raw
- ¼ cup Sour Sop (optional – delicious)
- ½ small Papaya
- 8-10 pieces Mint
- few pinches of Rosemary
- ½ cup Almond milk
- Few small spoonfuls of yogurt
- 6-8 pieces of ice
BLEND THAT SHIT
Poor in a bowl or glass,
Thank your food for its life, thank the sun for its energy to create nourishing food and thank yourself for taking the time to create something yummy and nourishing for all the love you are.
Drink and enjoy.
100% Organic, Gluten Free, Non-GMO Noni Juice made in Hawaii
Enjoy, share, let us know what you think.
Mahalo, aloha, and lots of love,